I saw an article in Travel Agent Central – that included a top 10 list of why to use a trave agent. I found it to be mildly interesting and thought I’d share it with all of you even though top 10 lists seem to be a tad overused lately. Can you book online? Sure. Are the prices better ? Usually not. Is the service you receive comprable to what you would recieve from a live, in the flesh, travel agent? Absolutely not.
So – 10 Reasons to book with a professional travel agent:
1. You’ve Googled “Mexico vacation,” and come up with 17.8 million responses. Need a little help editing those choices?
2. Remember when you used that obscure website to book your hotel, and when you got there you spent your beach vacation overlooking a parking lot?
3. How many hours were you on hold with the airline when your flight was canceled because of a snowstorm?
4. Did you really mean to spend your honeymoon at that resort whose one tiny pool was filled all day with 12 screaming children?
5. Who knew that when you booked that “villa” in Tuscany, it would be a small room with a kitchenette and no air conditioning? Funny, it looked much better on your computer screen.
6. No one explained to you that in July, it’s winter time in Rio, and so you showed up there with nothing but five Hawaiian shirts and three pairs of swimming trunks.
7. How about the time you really needed a restful vacation, and you ended up in New Orleans during Mardi Gras and someone threw up on your shoes?
8. Yes, I guess that hotel must have used a telephoto lens when they took a picture of those guest rooms that you saw on their website.
9. I suppose contacting the Attorney General to resolve the fact that that Internet site has billed your credit card three times instead of once is the only route to take at this point.
10. It was definitely odd that there were no cab drivers at the airport at 3 o’clock in the morning when you finally landed in Costa Rica, but booking a transfer to your very remote hotel would have been a good thing to remember when you purchased your airline ticket and hotel online.
If you have had a bad experience with an Travel Agent please remember, no two are the same. Shop around and find one who’s experience, expertise and personality are a good fit with what you need.